My brother and me have an unexplanable deep connection, maybe all brothers and sisters have that but I would like to think that ours is special. So when he fell in love with C I fell in love with her too. Our choices have seldom differed. Though initially we resisted having a chinese bahu. The fact that now Kat was taking his own decisions in life was not easily digestible. Since he was the youngest, we including me have taken all decisions for him till now right from his clothes to his hobbies to what he should eat to everything else.
I myself had concerns whether Kat knew what he was going in for and the moment I stepped into our Lucknow house and caught a glimpse of C sitting comfortably and chatting with all others struck a chord in me. They both looked so cute together and were always together. C is intelligent and very smart. She learnt a few hindi words and knew exactly when to come out and wish the guests and when to go inside, when to take part in the conversation and when to listen. We tried to keep all conversations in english but it would gradually move to hindi at times and she wouldn't mind but quietly start playing games on her iphone or restaurant city on her laptop.
She became an intergral part of our everyday lives and our family had a new member now. Seeing them both together gave me hope that love does exist. After five years of knowing eachother, it couldn't be just infatuation. They understand eachother so well even without having to say the words. And to be able to come to a totally alien country to an alien family and do all that they are asking you to do is not easy and can be possible only if you have complete faith and confidence in your partner.The best thing about adding a new member was that our Kat was so much the same as always. I could still dominate him, have my way around not just him but now both of them. Marriage can indeed be beautiful.
The same thought crosses me again today when I am just back from a dinner date with S and her fiance'. I had prepared all kinds of excuses to say no to a dinner but surprisingly when H called there was no way I could find an excuse from saturday night dinner and that too in my locality. I was little tired and sleepy but took a quick shower and reached Urban Tadka and saw them both waiting in the line. H's friendly talks in Delhi accent broke many barriers right away. He had been shopping with S the whole day for engagement/marriage dress and rings. I think there are very few men who enjoy shopping like he does and a big plus.He said he wanted to be no.2 in my life.
We talked about Delhi and Pune and Mumbai ofcourse. They have decided to take up a 2BHK in Bandra and have many other exciting plans. Wedding does change a whole lot of things and priorities in life. As S puts it, in the last one week, her world has expanded exponentially and she is perpectually on phone receiving congratulation calls. It seems he has a huge circle of friends and that circle is now hers too. Its interesting to notice how two individual people start sharing just about everything in life and it looks quite exciting. Seeing them together again gives me hope that its just the matter of right time and right person and then everything just seems to fall into place.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment