Sunday, January 24, 2010

... and my fish died

I was all ready, packed my lunch, grabbed the breakfast and went near my fish bowl to see how Kelly & Jelly were doing before rushing out for work. To my shock and sudden intense grief I saw one of them floating on the water. I am not even sure whether it was Kelly or Jelly. Kelly had a black mark on her lower body but I did not have the heart to see and analyse. I wanted to look away and think that nothing had happened and that it was just sleeping. The other one looks dull too. I think it is not going to live much either. I brought a drainer from the kitchen and picked up the lifeless body from the bowl. Its eyes were wide open and it was totally motionless as in the water so in the dustbin.

I dont want to think so but I guess its quite clear that I killed it. Though I had carried all instructions as given by the shop keeper, changing water, giving food, putting the oxygen motor, I did everything. Still it died. It looked quite inactive from yesterday and the other one looks inactive today so I am getting mentally prepared to see the other floating when I reach home today evening. I sound cruel but its heartbreaking. I had just chritened them and they had not even completed a week in my house. Whoever I am telling this to, assume that I must have been irresponsible and hence I am the criminal. So I am not telling many people about it and not updating the fb status.

No comments:

Post a Comment