Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mommy arrives in Mumbai

Its been nearly 4 months since I moved into the 2BHK flat on 17th floor on Andheri Lokhandwala overlooking the new link road, two swimming pools, lots of high raised brightly lit complexes few rooftop mochas among other things. My mommy arrives to Mumbai and my apt for the first time to see how I am living and set up. Its a strange high mix up of emotions, anxiety, pride, fear. All electronic stuff and furniture in my apt has been gifted to me by my dad and all the rest has been bought and beautifully packed by my mom and couriered in from Lucknow.

So now is the test of how well I have set up everything especially the kitchen. How much of which daals and masalas I have used / cooked in the last few months. Thankfully I have thrown away a box of par boiled rice and a box of green chana which had fungus and hopefully she doesn't discover any more of similar decays in the fridge or any where else in kitchen and otherwise. I have nicely packed all alcohol, all wine and shot glasses even wine openers and hidden them away in suitcase in the attic, which will be quite unreachable.

So thats all set but my one fear is about my hair. She hated my streaks when I did them last time and I have done them again and this time they are too obvious. I am almost dreading what her first reaction would be to my hair and skin and clothes and everything else. But one thing I know for sure is the BIG smile she will welcome me with. She will love the weather here in Mumbai and she will love my apt, I am hoping. And she is carrying our tonight's dinner from lucknow and gajar ka halwa and my fav pickles. Looking forward to an evening of chai and chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment